Quality Assurance At Our Core
We have employed considerable time and resources to perfect and implement Akina’s Quality Assurance Program because the well-being and satisfaction of our patients is our first priority. When you prescribe a compounded medication, how do you go about selecting the right compounding pharmacy for you and your patient? You need a team of healthcare professionals and patient advocates who are devoted to doing things the right way, the first time. Every Pharmacy function is evaluated by and subject to AQuA. The highest standards in pharmaceutical compounding and in business operations are meticulously maintained. We recognize, fully acknowledge, and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy and the guidelines that are suggested by the United States Pharmacopeia – “Quality Assurance in Pharmaceutical Compounding” <1163>, “Pharmaceutical Compounding : Sterile Preparations” <797>, and “Pharmaceutical Compounding: Non-Sterile Preparations”<795>.
Components of Quality
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Written procedures that govern every aspect of operations including, but not limited to, compounding techniques, employee training, facility and equipment management, storage and handling of materials, testing, formulation development, and beyond-use dating.
- USP guidelines are incorporated
- Regularly reviewed and updated when necessary
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) for each lot of raw materials is obtained and reviewed
- Formulation records that guarantee reproducibility of a preparation
- Compounding records that track the life of a compound from the moment it is made to the moment it is delivered to the final end user
- Equipment and device calibration records, air temperature records, and sterile room air quality testing records
- Potency verification through an itemized checklist of each compound that includes weight and volume yield checks
- Outside laboratory sterility testing according to USP <71> and USP <85>
- Advanced technology and software supplemental to manual pharmacist checks that aid in the detection of possible compounding inaccuracies