April 2, 2018
A compounded drug is prepared by a compounding pharmacy and is tailored to a patient’s specific needs. Here are some examples when a compounded drug may be beneficial:
- When a drug is not commercially available from a manufacturer
- Adjust the strength of a medication
- Avoid unwanted ingredients such as dyes, sugar, preservatives, or gluten
- Add flavors to make the medication easier to take
- Change in dosage forms like converting a capsule into a liquid
Contact us today if you have any more questions.