Click On "Book Appointment Online" To Schedule Your COVID-19 Test Today
- Akina Pharmacy is located at 23475 Rock Haven Way, Suite 105, Sterling, VA 20166
- Park in the first row of available spots in front of the main entrance. Please remain in your vehicle. This is a Drive-Thru Covid-19 test.
- Text (571) 462-2111 with your car make, model, and color.
- Have your identification and insurance card ready. If you do not have insurance, your SSN will be required by Federal Law.
- Please wear a face mask or facial covering
- A staff member will meet you at your vehicle where your information and a sample will be collected. All done!
- Your results will be reported within 2-4 days by email.
No, you will not need a doctor’s order or prescription to get COVID-19 testing at Akina Pharmacy.
- Please wear a face mask or facial covering for your protection and that of the staff, and remain in your vehicle when you arrive.
- Fasting is not required for this test.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. We do not issue refunds for cancellations or missed appointments. In order to meet the high demand for COVID-19 testing, we must cancel your appointment if you arrive more than 15 minutes after your scheduled testing time.
- Akina Pharmacy charges a $45.00 non-refundable administrative fee for each test. This fee is not covered by your insurance.
- Aside from this fee, most people should not face costs for the COVID-19 test. Starting on March 18 and lasting for the duration of the public health emergency, all forms of public and private insurance, including self-funded plans, must now cover FDA-approved COVID-19 tests and costs associated with diagnostic testing with no cost-sharing, as long as the test is deemed medically appropriate by an attending health care provider. This includes high-deductible health plans and grandfathered plans, but does not apply to short-term, limited duration plans. As outlined by CMS in a series of FAQs, there is no limit on the number of COVID-19 tests that an insurer or plan is required to cover for an individual, as long as each test is deemed medically appropriate and the individual has signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or has had known or suspected recent exposure to COVID-19
- The diagnostics lab that we’ve partnered with performs the test and all associated billing to your insurance company.
- If you are uninsured, you will still only be charged a $45.00 administrative fee per test.
- You will be required to provide a social security # before the test is performed.
Akina Pharmacy is now offering the COVID-19 RT-PCR Nasal Swab Test.
The is a real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (rRT-PCR) test that detects the genetic information of the virus. That’s only possible if the virus is there and someone is actively infected.
The COVID-19 PCR Test is a sensitive molecular test that targets the detection of three SARS- CoV 2 genes and provides information as to those patients that are currently infectious. PCR test results give a good indication of who is infected. This is information that can break the transmission chain of the virus.
- Gold Standard for detection of viruses
- Specifically designed for the detection of SARS-CoV-2
- 2-4 day turn-around time
- Industry Leading sensitivity and detection
- Lowest Limit of Detection (LOD)
- Comprehensive Viral, Bacterial, and ABR panel available for symptomatic patients.